The military use UAVs to carry out various types of missions, including reconnaissance, surveillance, target acquisition, communications bridge, electronic warfare, and bomb damage assessment. These UAVs use combustion engines for propulsion and often carry a payload specific to their mission. Because the propulsion systems must be sized for take-off power, the systems are oversized and less efficient for part-load cruise conditions.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11079634.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Tech Giants Call for Controls on Government Snooping
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option