Janus dreams on
Janus Theater celebrates its 15th season with "A Midsummer Night's Dream," Shakespeare's bucolic comedy about two pairs of lovers whose romantic lives are upended by a pair of bickering faeries and their mischievous henchman. Sean Hargadon directs the production, which the company performs at the intimate Side Street Studio Arts.
Performances begin at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Aug. 30-31, and 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 1, at 15 Ziegler Court, Elgin. $18. (847) 841- 1713 or .
Behind the scenes
BrightSide Theatre goes behind the scenes during Hollywood's golden age with Ron Hutchinson's slapstick-filled comedy "Moonlight and Magnolias," a fictionalized account of how studio head David O. Selznick, director Victor Fleming and writer Ben Hecht created the script for "Gone With the Wind." Greg Kolack, who last year directed retwist theatre's "The Laramie Project" and "The Laramie Project: Ten Years Later," helms the comedy.
Performances begin at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Aug. 30-31, and 3 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 1, at the Theater at Meiley-Swallow Hall, North Central College, 31 S. Ellsworth, Naperville. $20-$24. (630) 637- 7469 or .
ABT salutes Hank
American Blues theater kicks off its Legends and Legacies season with "Hank Williams: Lost Highway," a bio-musical about the singer- songwriter by Randal Myler and Mark Harelik featuring 20 of Williams' classics, including "Hey, Good Lookin'," "Move It On Over" and "Jambalaya." ABT ensemble member Matt Brumlow stars as Williams. Damon Kiely directs and Malcolm Ruhl serves as music director.
Previews at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Aug. 30-31, and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 1, at the Greenhouse Theater Center, 2257 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago. The show opens Sept. 5. $19-$49. (773) 404- 7336 or .
-- Barbara Vitello
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?
- Larry Flynt Won't Stop Sending Porn to Congress
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges