With Imagination's PowerVR GPUs and MIPS Aptiv CPUs including the high-performance, compact microAptiv cores with DSP capability, Ineda is developing a new class of ultra low-power wearable processor silicon products that will be applicable to a multitude of devices such as smart watches, health and fitness devices and more.
"In designing its leading-edge technology for wearables and other emerging portable applications, Ineda's key focus is on combining the right mix of technically superior technologies. Imagination's IP cores provide the ideal combination of features and performance, and importantly, industry-leading power and energy efficiency," said Ineda CEO
"Wearable electronics and devices for the Internet of Things (IoT) are an open field for innovation, and we are delighted that Imagination's IP plays such a vital role in Ineda's innovative SoCs for these applications," said Imagination US president
Ineda's approach involves vertical engineering of the wearable device including silicon, system, software, application ecosystem. In addition, the company will enable the ecosystem with applications programming interfaces (APIs) and the application development framework.
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Tech Giants Call for Controls on Government Snooping