Swiss-based u-blox, a global leader in wireless and positioning modules and integrated circuits, has been chosen by
The eminent provider of high-end and professional cameras has integrated u-blox NEO GPS module into its new feature-rich handgrip, the Multifunctional Handgrip M. The geotagging feature injects location data directly into each photo s Exif header (Exchangeable image file format), allowing photos to be filed and retrieved according to where they were taken. The accessory is compatible with the new flagship Leica-M rangefinder digital camera series.
Leica focuses on providing the highest quality photographic equipment on the market , said
We are proud to have been selected for our GPS technology by such a prestigious brand as Leica, said
The handgrip s features include a supplementary flash connector, a socket for an external power supply, and a sync socket for studio flash systems. An optional supplementary power source is also available.
The Multifunction Handgrip M connects directly to a computer via an integrated USB socket, allowing full remote control of the camera and image access using the Leica Image Shuttle software package. The handgrip also facilitates the safe and steady handling of the camera, particularly when shooting with heavier telephoto lenses.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal