Comercia Global Payments, a joint venture between the US-based
The smartphone app can be used to enter the amount receivable, either directly or by selecting the products in the catalogue. The cardholder inserts the card in card reader connected to the smartphone via Bluetooth. The PIN Code is entered to confirm the operation. The purchase receipt is sent to the cardholder by email or text message.
The mPOS application also enables stores to keep all the references in their commercial catalogues on their mobile. After receiving a card payment, it is possible to display not only the total amount, but also the details of the products and services sold. In short, Comercia Global Payments says its mPOS service turns the smartphone into a store's 'cash register'.
The app is currently available for Android and can be downloaded free of charge from Google Play. The app will soon be made available on iOS smartphones.
The mPOS service mainly targets the self-employed and professionals, whose work obliges them to move frequently and charge their customers at home. Self-employed professionals can take out the service initially at over 200 branches of
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact