Aug. 30--All the members of Metallica -- Lars Ulrich, James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett and Robert Trujillo -- will be at the Rafael Film Center in San Rafael Sept. 17 for the U.S. premiere of their 3-D feature, "Metallica Through the Never."
The movie features live footage of Metallica performing its iconic songs combined with the story of a young roadie, played by actor Dane DeHaan ("The Place Beyond the Pines," "The Amazing Spider-Man 2"), who is sent on an urgent mission during the band's show in a sold-out arena. DeHaan will also attend the premiere as well filmmaker Nimrod Antal.
This is a pre-Mill Valley Film Festival screening ahead of the general release of the movie on Sept. 27 in more than 300 IMAX 3D theaters.
Ulrich and Hetfield are Marin residents who chose their home county for the premiere. The 36th Mill Valley Film Festival runs Oct. 3 through 13. Tickets for the 7:15 p.m. screening are $85, available at www.mvff.com.
Contact Paul Liberatore via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
(c)2013 The Marin Independent Journal (Novato, Calif.)
Visit The Marin Independent Journal (Novato, Calif.) at www.marinij.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project