Android mobile main target for malware -->
Android was a target for 79 percent of all malware threats to mobile operating systems in 2012 with text messages representing about half of the malicious applications, according to the study from the government agencies, which was published by Public Intelligence website.
By comparison, about 19 percent of malware attacks were targeted at
Android continues to be a "primary target for malware attacks due to its market share and open source architecture," said the study, which was addressed to police, fire, emergency medical and security personnel.
Most Popular Stories
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Target Security Breach May Affect 40 Million Cardholders
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Tyson Foods Charged With Civil Rights Violation
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Bernanke Lets Congress Have It in Final Press Conference
- Wall Street Falls a Day After Surge
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Existing Home Sales Drop for 3rd Month
- Demi Lovato Leaving 'X Factor' to Return to Music