Quantum has announced a new approach at the VMworld 2013 conference recently, to handling backup data and active archived data that integrates an object file storage system created by Quantum into the Simpana data management software developed by
Archive product marketing manager for Quantum,
Quantum developed the Lattus storage operating system that is being utilized here to drive its range of disk-based backup and recovery tools.
In the meantime,
The two firms have worked closely in the past. However, Pastor says Lattus-D signifies a way to facilitate the acquisition of two classes of complementary data management technologies.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Senate Not So Keen on Budget Deal
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia