L-3 MAPPS has won multiple contracts from
The legacy analog controllers in the plant will be replaced with new Yokogawa YS1700 digital controllers. The controllers will be reproduced with L-3 MAPPS' software in order for the simulator to perfectly replicate the plant's response and train plant operators on the new equipment.
L-3 MAPPS will also replace the current Linux input/output (I/O) gateway computer with a Windows I/O computer, interfacing the simulation server with the original I/O system delivered with the simulator in the mid-1980s. L-3 MAPPS is also developing a classroom simulator using touch-screen technology from its Orchid Touch Interface solution. This will offer an accurate representation of the control room environment by copying the plant's physical hard panels and the classroom simulator will include three Orchid Touch Interface bays.
L-3 MAPPS said the updated simulator will be operational at St. Lucie by the end of 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus