Apple declared that it will be purchasing AlgoTrim, a Swedish software developer dedicated to maximizing mobile data, imaging, video and computer graphics performance while minimizing memory requirements.
The company has not revealed the financial details of the acquisition, but stated that it will enhance its mobile media efficiency.
AlgoTrim's lossless compression algorithms accelerate processing speeds inside mobile operating systems and applications, at the same time reducing flash memory consumption. The firm has primarily targeted
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects