idcloak Technologies publishes a new SSL Proxy List for unblocking restricted sites on mobile devices and tablets.
The public proxies displayed in the list grant two forms of block circumvention. First, they allow users to discretely access sites prohibited on their internet connection, as is the case on many office internet connections. Second, as long as the user opts for a medium or high anonymity proxy from the list, he or she may unblock YouTube videos which are normally unavailable in their country location.
“As a society, we are familiar with content filters on office internet connections, but the problem of censorship is growing far beyond local area network restrictions,” says idcloak’s senior web researcher,
“We hope our proxy list helps defend this freedom of choice by exposing the inefficacy of censorship systems. As we see it, censorship is a facile alternative to dialogue and education, not to mention genuine democracy. It should not be tolerated except in the most extreme cases.”
Welles explains how IP proxies from the list may be used with mobile devices. “For Android users, the proxy IP address can be inserted in a browser’s settings, such as through Opera Mobile Classic’s opera:config page. For iOS users, they must reconfigure their WiFi network settings.”
Welles admits that the free IP proxy solution favours Android users over iOS, “With Android, you can keep Opera Mobile configured to perform unblocking tasks as and when you need. When you don’t, you just use another browser. With iOS, you have to mess with the settings for all internet-accessing programs. Some apps, like
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11070119.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod