Novexatin is an investigational drug that is expected to enter a multi-centre Phase IIb study for mild-to-moderate onychomycosis in the US . NovaBiotics and Taro will jointly manage the study and other development activities for Novexatin , with Taro as lead partner in the programme.
NovaBiotics is developing novel peptide antifungal and antibacterial therapeutics that have the ability to treat a range of poorly served and clinically challenging infections. The mechanism of action of NovaBiotics' drug candidates minimises or negates the chance of drug resistance developing in the target microbes/infections which they have been designed to treat. NovaBiotics' antifungal and antibacterials are not toxic to human cells at therapeutic doses unlike many conventional antimicrobial medications. NovaBiotics' lead clinical programme is Novexatin . In addition to Novexatin , the Company is developing Lynovex , for cystic fibrosis (CF) an antibacterial compound that also breaks down excess mucous produced in the airways of CF patients that is expected to enter a Phase IIa study in Q1 2014; Novamycin , a peptide antifungal agent against Candida and Aspergillus; Novarifyn , a peptide antibacterial for difficult to treat multi-drug resistant Gram-negative and Gram-positive infections, including MRSA.
Further information is available at .
Novexatin is a topical treatment for fungal nail infections (onychomycosis). The active pharmaceutical agent of this medicinal candidate is NovaBiotics' novel, patented antifungal peptide, NP213, which was developed specifically as a safe, fast-acting nail penetrating fungicidal molecule from the Company's proprietary antimicrobial peptide platform.
About fungal nail infections (onychomycosis)
Issued by the Communications Team,
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill