The struggling electronics maker will halt production at its Malaysian plant by the end of March at the earliest, the sources said. But Panasonic will continue development and production of certain smartphones targeted at corporate customers.
The move comes after
For the winter shopping season,
Panasonic has already informed
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Tech Giants Call for Controls on Government Snooping
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option