For consumers, Windows 8.1 is scheduled for an
In the past, release to manufacturers (RTM) meant that any software is broadly ready for customer use. However, this time the latest update to Windows 8 OS, which has lagged in sales and customer satisfaction so far, would not be available before
Many had hoped that Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) or
"We put the finishing touches on Windows 8.1 to ensure a quality experience at general availability on
The latest update comes ten months after release of Windows 8 OS which was launched in an attempt to bridge the gap between PCs and fast-growing mobile devices.
However, the software lagged in adoption by mobile manufacturers and other popular softwares like
According to IT researcher IDC, Andriod based devices cornered nearly 77 per cent of market in the April-June quarter.
The move is a part of a larger effort to grow Windows 8 adoption and better compete against rivals.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets