The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "A communication station is for use with a medical device (such as an infusion pump) and a processing device (such as a computer). The communication station includes a housing, a medical device interface coupled to the housing, a processing device interface coupled to the housing and a processor coupled to the housing. The device interface interfaces with the medical device, and the processing device interface interfaces with the processing device. The processor provides a communication path between the medical device and the processing device such that programming and instructions may be communicated from the processing device to the medical device and data may be transferred from the medical device to the processing device. The communication station may be combined with a system that is capable of generating reports either locally or remotely. In addition, the medical device interface may be a cradle that is configurable to attach to different shaped medical devices."
The patent application was filed on
Written by Satyaban Rath; edited by
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects