James Spader will reunite with Robert Downey Jr., his co-star in the 1987 film "Less Than Zero," in the upcoming "Avengers" sequel, Hollywood producers said.
Joss Whedon's followup to his 2012 superhero ensemble picture is due out in theaters May 1, 2015. It will once again star Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk and Chris Hemsworth as Thor.
Marvel announced on its website Thursday Spader will play the main baddie Ultron.
"James Spader will face off against Earth's mightiest heroes as the villain in Marvel's 'Avengers: Age of Ultron,' the sequel to 2012's record-breaking 'Marvel's the Avengers.' The Emmy Award-winning actor will play Ultron in the Avengers' much anticipated return to the big screen from writer-director Joss Whedon," a message on the website said.
Spader's most recent projects have included the films "Lincoln" and "Secretary," as well as the TV series "The Office," "Boston Legal" and "The Practice."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects