NEW YORK - The "Avengers" sequel has its villain.
Marvel announced Thursday that James Spader will play Ultron in its "Avengers: Age of Ultron." In the comics, the character is a robot with artificial intelligence.
"Age of Ultron" is the sequel to the 2012 box office hit "The Avengers." Disney will release it in May 2015. The film will be directed by Joss Whedon and will star Robert Downey Jr., Mark Ruffalo and Scarlett Johansson.
The 53-year-old Spader is well known for this TV work including roles on "The Practice," "Boston Legal" and the upcoming NBC drama "The Blacklist." His films include 1989's "Sex, Lies and Videotape" and last year's "Lincoln."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL