NEW YORK - The "Avengers" sequel has its villain.
Marvel announced Thursday that James Spader will play Ultron in its "Avengers: Age of Ultron." In the comics, the character is a robot with artificial intelligence.
"Age of Ultron" is the sequel to the 2012 box office hit "The Avengers." Disney will release it in May 2015. The film will be directed by Joss Whedon and will star Robert Downey Jr., Mark Ruffalo and Scarlett Johansson.
The 53-year-old Spader is well known for this TV work including roles on "The Practice," "Boston Legal" and the upcoming NBC drama "The Blacklist." His films include 1989's "Sex, Lies and Videotape" and last year's "Lincoln."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Homebuilder Confidence at Highest Since January
- Parents Opt to Keep Baby Photos off Facebook
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Rising U.S. Consumer Prices Slowed Down in July
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- 'Turtles' Easily Tops 'Expendables 3' at Weekend Box Office
- Home Depot Builds Nice Net Income in Q2
- Mike Brown Death Timeline
- St. Francis Names Rodriguez as New Dean