According to the 2013 QuinStreet Enterprise survey, private cloud deployment may outpace public cloud use by two times within the 12 next months; while a 2013 IDG Enterprise Cloud Computing research report finds that the private cloud is the preferred model.
The results of North Bridge Venture Partners’ third annual Future of Cloud Computing Survey further indicated that although Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) is expected to grow, it will give way in five years to Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). This move away from Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) was corroborated by the 2013 InformationWeek State of
What do these results mean?
According to Yury Borukh, CEO of ITatOnce, the trend towards private cloud computing can be attributed primarily to the need for additional security and privacy that go beyond what public cloud platforms provided by companies such as
“Data and applications stored on a private cloud are unlikely to be intercepted by those outside of the organization,” explained Borukh. “Furthermore, when their networks are private, organizations have greater control. That means more customization and greater ease of use.”
What do all the initials mean?
Yury Borukh provided a brief overview of the current three service categories for cloud based platforms:
• SaaS - Software as a Service: Allows users to access data and applications on demand.
• IaaS - Infrastructure as a Service: Acts as a platform for resource sharing and hosting physical and virtual machines.
• PaaS - Platform as a Service: Hosts a large setup that can include an operating system, databases, and programming language execution.
He also explained why so many enterprises are moving to the Cloud.
“Among the benefits that have led to the overall expansion of cloud services – whether public, private or hybrid – are easily backing up vital information, fail-proof service at all times, business application hosting, email solutions, client lifecycle management, and infrastructural assessment.”
ITatOnce specializes in cloud hosting solutions as well as other IT consulting and management services. The
Yury Borukh, CEO
IT at Once
(858) 733 1012
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11066558.htm
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses