HoneyBaked sells glazed hams and specialty food in 300 U.S. retail stores, where transactions increase as much as 1,000 times surrounding holidays. The company's legacy infrastructure lacked the capacity and performance needed to deliver real-time point-of-sale (POS) and inventory data imperative for managing seasonal demand. Daily results were delayed up to 12 hours,(1) limiting the ability to control production, inventory and sales, which jeopardized profitability during the retailer's most lucrative times of year.
Upgrading to HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage improved HoneyBaked's decision-making accuracy and speed by eliminating delays of mission-critical data, even during peak sales times. Real-time visibility into sales and inventory data have improved HoneyBaked's forecasting and fulfillment capabilities, enabling it to more precisely meet customer demand.
Centralizing data collection via HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage also improved productivity, eliminating data center performance bottlenecks by distributing workloads across system resources. The resulting tenfold increase in system performance also has accelerated transaction processing, further improving customer service.
"We couldn't make it through another holiday season experiencing mission-critical data delays caused by our legacy infrastructure," said
HoneyBaked uses HP 3PAR
To reduce ongoing investment costs, the retailer implemented HP 3PAR
"Retailers can't afford to lose customers or fail to capitalize on sales trends because IT issues are forcing stores to make inventory and pricing decisions based on old data," said
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Cold Dis-comfort: Antarctica Set Record of -135.8
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Uruguay Gets Ready for Legal Marijuana
- Oldaker Takes Center Stage at Entrepreneur Awards
- Obama Delivers Speech at Mandela Memorial: Transcript
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim