MCLEAN, VA -- (Marketwired) -- 08/29/13 -- Freddie Mac (OTCQB: FMCC) announced today that it will forego issuing a Reference Notes® security on its August 29, 2013 announcement date. The company's 2013 Reference Notes calendar designates dates that it may use to announce the issuance of Reference Notes securities.
This announcement is not an offer to sell any Freddie Mac securities. Offers for any given security are made only through applicable offering circulars and related supplements, which incorporate Freddie Mac's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") on February 28, 2013; all other reports Freddie Mac filed with the SEC pursuant to Section 13(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 ("Exchange Act") since December 31, 2012, excluding any information "furnished" to the SEC on Form 8-K; and all documents that Freddie Mac files with the SEC pursuant to Sections 13(a), 13(c) or 14 of the Exchange Act, excluding any information "furnished" to the SEC on Form 8-K.
Freddie Mac's press releases sometimes contain forward-looking statements. A description of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the expectations expressed in these and other forward-looking statements can be found in the company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012, and its reports on Form 10-Q and Form 8-K, filed with the SEC and available on the Investor Relations page of the company's Web site at www.FreddieMac.com/investors and the SEC's Web site at www.sec.gov.
Freddie Mac was established by Congress in 1970 to provide liquidity, stability and affordability to the nation's residential mortgage markets. Freddie Mac supports communities across the nation by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Today Freddie Mac is making home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. For more information please visit www.FreddieMac.com and Twitter @FreddieMac.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- SAC Capital Employee Guilty of Insider Trading
- The Illuminati Don't Exist, Just Ask Them
- Senate Sends Bipartisan Budget Plan to President
- Singer Ian Watkins Sentenced to 35 Years Prison for Child Sex Abuse
- Universal CityWalk Rings in 2014 with Southern California's Biggest New Year's Eve Party, Featuring Dazzling Fireworks Displays, Three Live Concert Stages, DJ Performances and a Midnight Cascade of 1,000 Pounds of Confetti
- Brothel Write-offs Cost Taxpayers Millions, Coburn Says
- Joaquin Phoenix Reboots in 'Her'
- Fed Signals Strong Confidence in U.S. Economy
- GLAAD Denounces 'Duck Dynasty' Star for Remarks About Gays
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart