MISSION, KS -- (Marketwired) -- 08/29/13 -- (Family Features) Encouraging kids to get creative in the kitchen is a fun way to make great memories, meals and moments together. And for more than 10 years, Jif® has inspired parents to creatively collaborate with their kids in the Jif Most Creative Sandwich Contest for the chance to win a $25,000 college fund. Last year's top entries ranged from a sweet and spicy sandwich to satisfying snacks and dreamy desserts. Inspire your family with these delicious recipes or check out www.jif.com for even more creative options.
Our most recent champ, 9-year-old Jacob C. from North Carolina, impressed the judges with his savory Mexican-inspired sandwich using Jif Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread.
Get Cooking! This year, your family can be a part of the excitement as Jif launched the 12th Annual Jif Most Creative Sandwich Contest on August 20, 2013. Parents can submit their kid's creative sandwich recipes using at least two tablespoons of any Jif product (except Jif To Go®). Visit www.jif.com for Official Rules and more information. The Jif Most Creative Sandwich Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. between six and 12 years of age by November 8, 2013. Void where prohibited.
Magnificent Mole Chicken TortaJacob C., Morgantown, N.C.2013 Grand Prize WinnerMakes: 1 SandwichSauce: Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking spray2 tablespoons minced onion1/4 teaspoon minced garlic2 tablespoons Jif® Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread1/3 cup condensed tomato soup Juice of half a lime (about 2 tablespoons)1/8 teaspoon ground cumin1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro1/4 cup chopped green chili peppersSandwich:3/4 cup pulled rotisserie chicken, heated1 bolillo roll, sliced lengthwise1 slice Monterey Jack cheese, halved3 avocado slices1/2 cup thinly sliced lettuce1/8 cup chopped tomato Dollop of sour cream (optional)
1. SPRAY small sauce pot generously with no-stick cooking spray; sauté minced onion and garlic over medium-high heat until tender.
2. STIR in spread, tomato soup, lime juice, cumin, cilantro and green chili peppers. Bring to a boil and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. REMOVE sauce from heat. Toss half the sauce with pulled chicken; place mixture on bottom half of roll.
4. TOP with cheese slices and place sandwich open-faced under toaster oven or broiler for 2 to 3 minutes until cheese melts. Remove sandwich from oven, and place sliced avocado on top of melted cheese.
5. ADD lettuce, tomatoes, dollop of sour cream (optional) and top half of roll. Use remaining sauce as extra or to make another sandwich.