TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 08/28/13 -- Toromont Industries Ltd. (TSX: TIH) announced today that it has filed with the Toronto Stock Exchange a notice of intention to make a normal course issuer bid for certain of its common shares through the facilities of the Toronto Stock Exchange. Under this notice, Toromont is entitled to purchase up to 6,477,567 common shares representing 10% of its common shares in the public float during the 12-month period commencing August 31, 2013 and ending August 30, 2014. Toromont had 76,633,953 common shares issued and outstanding as at August 23, 2013. The actual number of shares which may be purchased and the timing of any such purchases will be determined by Toromont. All shares purchased under this issuer bid will be cancelled. The average daily trading volume for the six-month period ending July 31, 2013 was 147,640.
Toromont believes that from time-to-time the purchase of its common shares at prevailing market prices may be a worthwhile investment and in the best interests of both Toromont and its shareholders. During the current issuer bid period, there were no common shares purchased for cancellation by Toromont.
Toromont Industries Ltd. operates through two business segments: The Equipment Group and CIMCO. The Equipment Group includes one of the larger Caterpillar dealerships by revenue and geographic territory in addition to industry leading rental operations. CIMCO is a market leader in the design, engineering, fabrication and installation of industrial and recreational refrigeration systems. Both segments offer comprehensive product support capabilities. This press release and more information about Toromont Industries can be found on the Web at www.toromont.com.
Toromont Industries Ltd.
Paul R. Jewer
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time