By MARK KENNEDY
NEW YORK - The Nederlander Organization has agreed to manage and produce a live show in central China that will celebrate the world-famous Terra Cotta Warriors, a high-profile step for the live theater giant into the world's most promising consumer market.
The heads of Nederlander Worldwide Entertainment and a Chinese performing arts company signed the contract Wednesday at the Minskoff Theatre on Broadway as two costumed actors looked on. The show is expected to begin performances next spring in a specially built $65 million theater.
Called "The Legend of Emperor Qin," the show will feature music and dance in a high-tech 2,000-seat theater. The 70-minute show will play daily in the Xian complex that has grown around the ongoing excavation of the warriors.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe