The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "A 3D semiconductor package using an interposer is provided. In an embodiment, an interposer is provided having a first die electrically coupled to a first side of the interposer and a second die electrically coupled to a second side of the interposer. The interposer is electrically coupled to an underlying substrate, such as a packaging substrate, a high-density interconnect, a printed circuit board, or the like. The substrate has a cavity such that the second die is positioned within the cavity. The use of a cavity may allow smaller conductive bumps to be used, thereby allowing a higher number of conductive bumps to be used. A heat sink may be placed within the cavity to aid in the dissipation of the heat from the second die."
The patent application was filed on
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws