WASHINGTON, Aug. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ -- Siempre Mujer, the only magazine written for, by and about the modern U.S. Hispanic woman, announced today that it will be an official media sponsor for the 26th Annual Hispanic Heritage Awards.
The awards, which will be presented on Thursday, September 5, 2013, were created by the Hispanic Heritage Foundation to celebrate Hispanic cultural pride, contributions, and accomplishments. This year's honorees will be recognized in a special ceremony at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C.
Presented by Target, the awards ceremony will be broadcast on MundoFox, Sunday, Sept. 15, at 7:00 p.m. EST/PST. Presenters and performers will be announced shortly.
The 2013 Hispanic Heritage Awards honorees and medallion-level sponsors include:
• Actress Eva Longoria, Community Service Award
• Musical Group Los Tigres Del Norte, Legend Award
• Chef Jose Andres, Design Award presented by Capital One
• Superintendant Alberto Carvalho, Education Award presented by Target
• Voto Latino President Maria Teresa Kumar, Leadership Award presented by Southwest Airlines
• Actress and Singer Lucero, Vision Award presented by Hershey's
• Actor/Director/Producer Diego Luna, Inspira Award, presenting the Youth Segment
• Race Car Driver Juan Pablo Montoya, Sports Award presented by Bud Light
• Nonprofit National Math and Science Initiative, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Award presented by ExxonMobil
"The Hispanic Heritage Awards are proud to honor yet another inspiring group of Latino leaders," said Jose Antonio Tijerino, president and CEO of HHF. "The Hispanic community has made significant contributions throughout history to America and the world and it's an honor to be an organization established by the White House to recognize that impact. We are also thrilled to partner with Target and our other sponsors in carrying on the rich tradition of our Awards."
"Target is proud to sponsor the 26th Annual Hispanic Heritage Awards in support of Latino leaders who have made a positive impact on America, as well as globally. We are honored to join in the celebration of Hispanic culture and community and congratulate all the honorees on their achievements," said Laysha Ward, president of Community Relations at Target.
In addition to the Target and medallion-level sponsors, gold sponsors include: BBVA Compass, Entertainment Software Association, Hilton Worldwide, Saber Es Poder, University of Phoenix, and UPS. Silver sponsors include: Astra Zeneca, CVS Caremark Workforce Initiatives, Discovery en Espanol and Discovery Familia, Disney, and NFL. Bronze sponsors include: American Federation of Teachers, City Year, The Coca-Cola Company, DLA Piper, Jefferson Awards, LAM, PhRMA, National PTA, MTV Tr3s, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, and Teach For America. Media sponsors include EL Zol, Latino Magazine and Siempre Mujer.
"We are proud to be a part of the Hispanic Heritage Awards since, like our magazine, it celebrates the strength and culture of Latina women," says Enedina Vega-Amaez, VP/Publisher, Meredith Hispanic Media. "We share in their mission to empower all Latinas to achieve their personal goals, and recognize them for their unique achievements and contributions."
About the Hispanic Heritage Awards
The Hispanic Heritage Awards were established in 1987 by President Ronald Reagan to commemorate the creation of Hispanic Heritage Month. Since that time, the Hispanic Heritage Awards have honored top Latino leaders in various categories for their impact on America and the world. (For a one-minute video visit http://www.TheHispanicHeritageAwards.com).
About the Hispanic Heritage Foundation
The Hispanic Heritage Awards is the signature event of the Hispanic Heritage Foundation (HHF) and serves as the kick-off to their award-winning mission to inspire, identify, prepare and position Latino leaders in the classroom, community and workforce to meet America's priorities. HHF is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization and all support is tax deductable.
About Siempre Mujer
Launched in 2005, Siempre Mujer is the only magazine written for, by and about the modern U.S. Hispanic woman who is actualizing her goal of success. With fresh, authentic and inspiring content, Siempre Mujer has become one of the leading Spanish-language women's magazines and the Latina's source for the things she cares about most: beauty, style, fitness, fashion, art, culture, and career, and helps her be the best woman she can be, a leader, a doer, and a role model. Siempre Mujer reaches 1.7 million readers every issue, has a guaranteed circulation of 550,000 and is currently bi-monthly. Siempremujer.com provides the latest in beauty and fashion trends, and original editorial content about relationships, current events, celebrity news and entertainment. Siempre Mujer is part of the Meredith Hispanic Media network of brands which include titles such as Ser Padres, websites, and mobile, digital and broadcast media.
SOURCE Siempre Mujer
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response