As its international coverage of the crisis in Syria attracts global
attention, the New York Times website is down due to what the newspaper's
Facebook page is calling a malicious attack.
"Many users are having difficulty accessing The New York Times online. We are working to fix the problem. Our initial assessment is the outage is most likely the result of a malicious external attack," the Times' statement on Facebook says.
"In the meantime," it adds, "we are continuing to publish key news reports. Here is our latest article from Syria, which is accessible to everyone." The Facebook page then links to the newspaper's latest article on Syria.
(c)2013 The Patriot-News (Harrisburg, Pa.)
Visit The Patriot-News (Harrisburg, Pa.) at www.pennlive.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row