As its international coverage of the crisis in Syria attracts global
attention, the New York Times website is down due to what the newspaper's
Facebook page is calling a malicious attack.
"Many users are having difficulty accessing The New York Times online. We are working to fix the problem. Our initial assessment is the outage is most likely the result of a malicious external attack," the Times' statement on Facebook says.
"In the meantime," it adds, "we are continuing to publish key news reports. Here is our latest article from Syria, which is accessible to everyone." The Facebook page then links to the newspaper's latest article on Syria.
(c)2013 The Patriot-News (Harrisburg, Pa.)
Visit The Patriot-News (Harrisburg, Pa.) at www.pennlive.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines