TechCrunch has published the first photos of the iPhone wearing its new shiny
coat. In addition to the traditional black and white, Apple's next smartphone
will reportedly be available in a pale gold color dubbed "champagne."
While this new, flashier color is said to be obtained simply by anodizing the smartphone's aluminum shell, fans of all that glitters can already acquire iPhones made of solid gold, or even encrusted with diamonds, from third-party brands.
A more affordable alternative, the potential champagne iPhone 5S could be a hit in Asian markets, where the color is particularly in vogue.
Meanwhile, insider Sonny Dickson leaked photos of the gold iPhone 5S on Aug. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets