The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "A selection system and method to receive an indication of a security format from a network and to select one of a plurality of security format conversions based on the received indication is described. The indication may be an indication of a wireless security format such as WTLS used by a wireless access device or a wired security format such as SSL used by a wired access device and the security format conversion selected based on the indication may be to another secured format or a plain data format. The indication may include an indication of a port and an indication of a security feature that is supported by the access device."
The patent application was filed on
Written by Satyaban Rath; edited by
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women