CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwired) -- 08/28/13 -- Genesis Land Development Corp. (TSX: GDC) (the "Company" or "Genesis") is pleased to announce the Board of Directors have set the new meeting date, record date and the proxy voting deadline in respect of the Annual General and Special Meeting of the Shareholders of the Company. The meeting will be held on September 23, 2013 at 9 a.m. (Mountain Daylight time) at the Genesis Centre of Community Wellness, 7556 Falconridge Blvd. N.E., Calgary, Alberta (the "Meeting"). The record date for the Meeting is August 27, 2013.
The Company will be mailing a Revised Notice of Meeting, Amended and Restated Management Information Circular and form of proxy later this week. In order to be valid and acted upon at the Meeting, proxies must be received by Computershare Trust Company of Canada (the "Transfer Agent") not later than 48 hours (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and holidays).
Genesis is also pleased to announce the appointment of Stephen Griggs as director and Chair of the Board of Directors. The Company would like to thank the outgoing Chair, Michael Brodsky, who will continue to serve on the Board of Directors.
About Genesis Land Development Corp.
Genesis is a Calgary-based real estate development corporation engaged in the acquisition, development, and sale of land, residential lots and homes in Alberta and British Columbia. All business activities of the Company are conducted in Western Canada, with development lands held primarily in and around the cities of Calgary and Airdrie. With a diversified and substantial land base, the Company is well positioned to focus on developing those projects that offer the best return in the market going forward.
President & Chief Executive Officer
Toll Free: 1-800-341-7211
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March