She announced plans to introduce legislation to change the formula used to distribute money from the
The senator's visit to
The fund was established in 2011 to accelerate broadband build-out to the 18 million Americans living in rural areas who currently have no access to robust Internet service, and is financed through a 15.5-percent surcharge that appears as "universal service access charge" on telephone bills.
"I think that
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts