"Nine for IX," an ESPN Films series of nine documentary films about women in sports, will be released in the "Nine for IX DVD Gift Set" on Oct. 15. Ridgewood native Libby Geist, associate director of development at ESPN Films, oversaw the series, which highlighted iconic athletes and moments that have impacted the culture of female sports in the last 40 years. Geist, a two-time Peabody Award- winning documentary producer, is the daughter of longtime television personality and newspaper columnist Bill Geist and sister of Willie Geist, co-anchor of the "Today Show" and co-host of "Morning Joe" on MSNBC. The box set includes two bonus films: short film "Coach" about Rutgers women's basketball coach C. Vivian Stringer (pictured), and "Abby Head On," about soccer legend Abby Wambach.
-- Kara Yorio
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia