"Nine for IX," an ESPN Films series of nine documentary films about women in sports, will be released in the "Nine for IX DVD Gift Set" on Oct. 15. Ridgewood native Libby Geist, associate director of development at ESPN Films, oversaw the series, which highlighted iconic athletes and moments that have impacted the culture of female sports in the last 40 years. Geist, a two-time Peabody Award- winning documentary producer, is the daughter of longtime television personality and newspaper columnist Bill Geist and sister of Willie Geist, co-anchor of the "Today Show" and co-host of "Morning Joe" on MSNBC. The box set includes two bonus films: short film "Coach" about Rutgers women's basketball coach C. Vivian Stringer (pictured), and "Abby Head On," about soccer legend Abby Wambach.
-- Kara Yorio
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel