"Nine for IX," an ESPN Films series of nine documentary films about women in sports, will be released in the "Nine for IX DVD Gift Set" on Oct. 15. Ridgewood native Libby Geist, associate director of development at ESPN Films, oversaw the series, which highlighted iconic athletes and moments that have impacted the culture of female sports in the last 40 years. Geist, a two-time Peabody Award- winning documentary producer, is the daughter of longtime television personality and newspaper columnist Bill Geist and sister of Willie Geist, co-anchor of the "Today Show" and co-host of "Morning Joe" on MSNBC. The box set includes two bonus films: short film "Coach" about Rutgers women's basketball coach C. Vivian Stringer (pictured), and "Abby Head On," about soccer legend Abby Wambach.
-- Kara Yorio
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go