"Nine for IX," an ESPN Films series of nine documentary films about women in sports, will be released in the "Nine for IX DVD Gift Set" on Oct. 15. Ridgewood native Libby Geist, associate director of development at ESPN Films, oversaw the series, which highlighted iconic athletes and moments that have impacted the culture of female sports in the last 40 years. Geist, a two-time Peabody Award- winning documentary producer, is the daughter of longtime television personality and newspaper columnist Bill Geist and sister of Willie Geist, co-anchor of the "Today Show" and co-host of "Morning Joe" on MSNBC. The box set includes two bonus films: short film "Coach" about Rutgers women's basketball coach C. Vivian Stringer (pictured), and "Abby Head On," about soccer legend Abby Wambach.
-- Kara Yorio
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American