"Nine for IX," an ESPN Films series of nine documentary films about women in sports, will be released in the "Nine for IX DVD Gift Set" on Oct. 15. Ridgewood native Libby Geist, associate director of development at ESPN Films, oversaw the series, which highlighted iconic athletes and moments that have impacted the culture of female sports in the last 40 years. Geist, a two-time Peabody Award- winning documentary producer, is the daughter of longtime television personality and newspaper columnist Bill Geist and sister of Willie Geist, co-anchor of the "Today Show" and co-host of "Morning Joe" on MSNBC. The box set includes two bonus films: short film "Coach" about Rutgers women's basketball coach C. Vivian Stringer (pictured), and "Abby Head On," about soccer legend Abby Wambach.
-- Kara Yorio
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- AC/DC Denies Rumor It's Done Rocking
- U.S. Capacity Utlization Rate Rose More Than Expected in March
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen