NEW YORK - The investigators on CBS's "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" will be without forensic scientist Nick Stokes for a while.
CBS said Wednesday that George Eads is taking a leave of absence after appearing in the show's first three episodes of the upcoming season.
Eads has portrayed Stokes since the series premiere in 2000. It's unclear when or if he'll return.
CBS won't comment on a Hollywood Reporter story that Eads got into an argument with a writer on the show about his character.
Eads' manager hasn't returned messages seeking comment.
"CSI" was the 20th most popular show on TV last week, watched by 5.8 million people.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Fraud Potential Great With Health Care Subsidies, Treasury Says
- Brazil Braces for Street Protests at World Cup
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today