The number of broadband internet subscriptions in
The subscriber base has been steadily rising in the past years recording a 131% jump since 2008 when the subscriptions totalled 524,700. (This was the year when the
Minutes spent on the Internet through the dial-up networks, however, have decreased substantially (more than ten times) to just 70 million in 2012 from over 870 million in 2008 due to the technological advancements and switching to broadband providers.
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill