Latina Launches Home Expo --> Get ready for Latina-centric lifestyle workshops and financial management at the first annual Casa Latina Home Expo. The all-day event will be held Nov. 9 at the Altman Building in New York.
Attractions at Improve Your Home, Improve Your Life (Mejora Tu Casa, Mejora Tu Vida) include advice on topics ranging from home repair to parenting. Entertainment and a kids zone will keep hubbies and kiddies distracted while Latinas get down to what's important for themselves.
"We are truly excited to launch the first bilingual home expo for the Hispanic community, allowing us to increase our reach and empower home ownership," said Nora Diaz Bretherton, co-founder of Casa Latina.
The event, dubbed Improve Your Home, Improve Your Life (Mejora Tu Casa, Mejora Tu Vida), will show Hispanic families how to make an appealing, functional and safe home environment "that positions them to achieve their goals and live the best life they can," according to a release.
"We will have booths and industry-recognized experts on site to provide real-time help, targeting one of the largest demographics in the U.S. and providing them with the tools they need as current and future homeowners," Ms. Diaz Bretherton said.
Celebrities of the DIY and crafting circuit include Kathy Cano-Murillo, better known as the Crafty Chica, and Evette Rios, correspondent from ABC's The Chew.
Ana Flores, co-founder of Spanglish Baby and Latina Bloggers Connect, and physical therapist Helen Troncoso, CEO and founder of Reinventing You, will offer tips on health and lifestyle issues.
Expo media partners include Vme Media, Telemundo and Fox News Latina. Hispanic organizations such as the National Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP), National Hispanic Leadership Institute (NHLI), Latinos In Social Media (LATISM), Las Comadres a Latina and New York City Latino Professionals are aboard as well.
Visit Casa Latina for more information and sponsor opportunities.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.