The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "The invention is directed to platelets containing micron or nanometer size particles wherein the micron or nanometer sized particles comprises an active agent. The invention is also directed to a pharmaceutical composition comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier and the above platelets. The invention is further directed to methods of delivering the micron or nanometer size particles containing an active agent to a site of interest in a patient."
The patent application was filed on
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Obama Delivers Speech at Mandela Memorial: Transcript
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects