The contract required the winning bidder to provide
Among others, it looked like longtime government contractor IBM would win the deal.
Hence, when Amazon Web Services (AWS) emerged as winner of the
Big Blue said the agency did not appropriately weigh IBM's bid, and the General Accountability Office, which reviewed the deal, partly agreed.
The company will also challenge in federal court the
Securing the contract as well as triggering IBM's ire are being viewed as coming-of-age moments for AWS.
The arm, which
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets