This is an important deal which enables the NHS to modernize its base of linear accelerators to provide technologically advanced cancer treatments, as well as shorten treatment times, says
Through the deal, NHS hospitals across the country will take delivery of TrueBeam systems through the NHS Supply Chain. In last years program, the ten TrueBeam systems were delivered to oncology centers in
Through the capital equipment fund, NHS Supply Chain has been able to stimulate replacement of older, less capable systems within NHS hospitals and we are delighted that TrueBeam is being offered through this channel, said
This recognizes the demand for highly efficient, state-of-the-art technology for the treatment of cancer in NHS hospitals. As the leading provider of radiotherapy equipment and software to the NHS, Varian is committed to ensuring patients have access to cutting edge technology while also recognizing that modern healthcare must be efficient, effective and affordable. This deal will help ensure that todays NHS meets all three of these targets.
Designed to treat a moving tumor with speed and accuracy, Varians TrueBeam system incorporates numerous technical innovations that dynamically synchronize imaging, patient positioning, motion management, and treatment delivery during a radiotherapy or radiosurgery procedure. TrueBeam has been designed to advance the treatment of lung, breast, intracranial, prostate, head and neck, and other types of cancer.
According to NHS Supply Chain, there are approximately 300 linear accelerators in NHS hospitals and as many as 100 of these are over ten years old.
For more information, visit http://www.varian.com or follow us on Twitter.
Registration No: 558526. Registered office address:
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal