NEW YORK - The changing landscape of television is again evident in the weekly Nielsen ratings: Two of the three most popular shows last week were on cable.
A&E's "Duck Dynasty" and the MTV Video Music Awards were both seen by just over 10 million viewers. The MTV awards show was clearly the most-talked about program, with Miley Cyrus' risque dance routine setting social media records.
The week's most-watched show was "Under the Dome" on CBS.
All are fresh programs, illustrating another way TV is shifting. Only eight of the 25 most popular programs last week were repeats.
Until recently, TV programming during mid-August would be dominated by reruns.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West