NEW YORK - The changing landscape of television is again evident in the weekly Nielsen ratings: Two of the three most popular shows last week were on cable.
A&E's "Duck Dynasty" and the MTV Video Music Awards were both seen by just over 10 million viewers. The MTV awards show was clearly the most-talked about program, with Miley Cyrus' risque dance routine setting social media records.
The week's most-watched show was "Under the Dome" on CBS.
All are fresh programs, illustrating another way TV is shifting. Only eight of the 25 most popular programs last week were repeats.
Until recently, TV programming during mid-August would be dominated by reruns.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Eagle Deaths OK'd for Wind Power
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Consistent Hiring Points to Stronger Economy Ahead