NEW YORK - The changing landscape of television is again evident in the weekly Nielsen ratings: Two of the three most popular shows last week were on cable.
A&E's "Duck Dynasty" and the MTV Video Music Awards were both seen by just over 10 million viewers. The MTV awards show was clearly the most-talked about program, with Miley Cyrus' risque dance routine setting social media records.
The week's most-watched show was "Under the Dome" on CBS.
All are fresh programs, illustrating another way TV is shifting. Only eight of the 25 most popular programs last week were repeats.
Until recently, TV programming during mid-August would be dominated by reruns.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause