NEW YORK - The changing landscape of television is again evident in the weekly Nielsen ratings: Two of the three most popular shows last week were on cable.
A&E's "Duck Dynasty" and the MTV Video Music Awards were both seen by just over 10 million viewers. The MTV awards show was clearly the most-talked about program, with Miley Cyrus' risque dance routine setting social media records.
The week's most-watched show was "Under the Dome" on CBS.
All are fresh programs, illustrating another way TV is shifting. Only eight of the 25 most popular programs last week were repeats.
Until recently, TV programming during mid-August would be dominated by reruns.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction