Crude oil for October delivery jumped above $108 per barrel in New York as
tension in Syria raised the prospects of a supply disruption.
West Texas Intermediate crude oil added $2.71 to $108.63 per barrel, close to a five-month high.
Reformulated blendstock gasoline gained 6.15 cents to reach $2.896 per gallon. Home heating oil added 6.27 cents to reach $3.1462 per gallon.
Natural gas shed 4.8 cents to $3.465 per million British thermal units.
At the pump, the national average price for a gallon of unleaded regular gasoline was $3.542, up from Monday's $3.541, the AAA Fuel Gauge report said.
Most Popular Stories
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Obama Imposes Sanctions on Russian Officials
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- Ford Flies High on Speed
- 'Walking Dead' Takes a Shocking Turn: Recap