Crude oil for October delivery jumped above $108 per barrel in New York as
tension in Syria raised the prospects of a supply disruption.
West Texas Intermediate crude oil added $2.71 to $108.63 per barrel, close to a five-month high.
Reformulated blendstock gasoline gained 6.15 cents to reach $2.896 per gallon. Home heating oil added 6.27 cents to reach $3.1462 per gallon.
Natural gas shed 4.8 cents to $3.465 per million British thermal units.
At the pump, the national average price for a gallon of unleaded regular gasoline was $3.542, up from Monday's $3.541, the AAA Fuel Gauge report said.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap