Crude oil for October delivery jumped above $108 per barrel in New York as
tension in Syria raised the prospects of a supply disruption.
West Texas Intermediate crude oil added $2.71 to $108.63 per barrel, close to a five-month high.
Reformulated blendstock gasoline gained 6.15 cents to reach $2.896 per gallon. Home heating oil added 6.27 cents to reach $3.1462 per gallon.
Natural gas shed 4.8 cents to $3.465 per million British thermal units.
At the pump, the national average price for a gallon of unleaded regular gasoline was $3.542, up from Monday's $3.541, the AAA Fuel Gauge report said.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM
- Peyton Manning Sets TD Passing Record
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV