Spartan Bioscience today announced that the
The automated system is indicated as an aid for clinicians to determine therapeutic strategy for drugs metabolized by the
The sample-to-result system identifies CYP2C19*2, *3, and *17 variations from a patient’s cheek swab. The system’s ease of use and on-demand processing capability enable hospitals to generate time-critical results.
"The Spartan RX CYP2C19 System helps doctors treat patients faster with the most effective drugs,” said
The CYP2C19 enzyme metabolizes approximately 15 percent of all prescribed drugs, including important drug classes such as anti-platelet therapies (clopidogrel), beta blockers (propranolol), anti-depressants (citalopram), proton pump inhibitors (omeprazole), and anti-epileptics (phenytoin).(1) About 30 percent of Caucasians, 40 percent of Africans, and more than 50 percent of Asians and Indians carry CYP2C19 gene variants that reduce response to drugs metabolized by CYP2C19.(2,3,4,5) The CYP2C19*2 and *3 variants account for the majority of reduced drug metabolism. The CYP2C19*17 variant is associated with increased drug metabolism.
About Spartan Bioscience
Spartan Bioscience is the leader in on-demand DNA testing.(6) In the same way that mainframe computers gave way to personal computers, high-throughput DNA testing systems in central labs are giving way to decentralized devices. Stop waiting days to weeks—get results on demand with Spartan. For more information, please visit our website at: http://www.spartanbio.com.
The Spartan logo is a registered trademark of
Plavix is a registered trademark of
Inderal and Losec are registered trademarks of
Celexa is a registered trademark of
1. dbSNP Short Genetic Variations. Reference SNP (refSNP) Cluster Report:
2. Damani SB, Topol EJ. (2010). J Am Coll Cardiol. 56:109–11.
3. Chen M et al. (2011). Atherosclerosis. 220(1):168–71.
4. Oh IY et al. (2012). Heart. 98(2):139–44.
5. Jose R et al. (2004). Fundamental & Clinical Pharmacology. 19(1): 101–105.
6. Roberts JD et al. (2012). Lancet. 379:1705–11.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11049756.htm
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today