The hacking of at least thirty government websites of supposedly local hacker groups sympathetic to today s pork barrel protest action highlights the need for secure web hosting for government agencies and services.
DOST Information and Communications Technology Office Executive Director
Administrative Order 39 (AO39) was enacted on
The webpage defacements are deemed to be a protest action supporting the Million People March in Luneta. No critical online services were affected and it seems that it wasn t the intention of the community to cripple critical information dissemination websites and services of the government. We would like to request our hacking community not to target such sites. said Casambre.
The Information and
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition