AlertBoot, a leading provider of mobile device management and full disk encryption managed services, is seeing surging enthusiasm for its on demand encryption solution from HIPAA covered entities and business associates – including law firms, accountancy firms, software programmers, and consultants.
"A common refrain is that 'HIPAA does not require encryption,'" noted
Disk encryption is not meant to prevent all ePHI data breaches; however, it is being promoted as one of the pillars in data security, and its use is strongly encouraged as evidenced by the OCR Director's words; the fines that can reach
AlertBoot's cloud-based solution offers a number of advantages to entities looking to comply with HIPAA data-at-rest encryption rules, including:
• On-Demand Encryption: Encryption licenses can be purchased as needed, when needed. Small clinics, hospitals, and other entities are not saddled with unnecessary licenses because they've been forced to buy a preset block of licenses, nor do they wait for the software to arrive in the mail.
• FIPS 140-2 Validated: HIPAA defers to NIST (the
• Integrated Reports for Audits and Monitoring: HIPAA not only requires that ePHI security solutions be used, proper documentation must also be in place (such as to prove that the loss of a laptop will not result in a data breach). AlertBoot's reports show when machines were encrypted, when they were last accessed, and other information necessary for making one's case.
• Lowest Total Cost: Pricing includes the additional costs that are traditionally not shown on price quotes, such as the management servers and software required to coordinate FDE installation and management.
• Fast deployment: As part of the "On-Demand Encryption" philosophy, clients can start securing laptops, smartphones, and tablets within minutes of signing up for service.
With less than 30 days remaining until compliance with the HIPAA Omnibus Final Rule, AlertBoot presents one of the best ways of protecting laptops and other devices that store ePHI.
For more information, please visit http://www.alertboot.com.
AlertBoot Data Security offers a cloud-based data and mobile device security service for companies of any size who want a scalable and easy-to-deploy solution. Centrally managed through a secure web based console, AlertBoot offers mobile device management, mobile antivirus, remote wipe and lock, device auditing, USB drive and hard disk encryption managed services.
For more information on AlertBoot Mobile Security solutions, please visit http://www.alertboot.com/.
+1 702-659-8890 x3734
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11064453.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Texas Chiller Moves East
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November