ENP Newswire -
Release date- 23082013 -
Headlining the booth presentations is OCZ's fourth generation Z-Drive R4 PCI Express (PCIe) SSD and VXL Cache &
Over the last decade, the enterprise data center has been transformed into a more dynamic and efficient platform to meet the changing needs of business applications due primarily to the advent of server virtualization. While server virtualization delivers impressive data center productivity gains for enterprise servers, the rapid expansion of virtual server deployments has impacted storage and network facilities causing performance bottlenecks and sharp increases in IT administration and infrastructure investment.
On host flash matched with software defined flash delivery enables today's virtualized data center to alleviate these bottlenecks and achieve its full potential.
'The software-defined data center vision takes what virtualization software has already achieved for servers and delivers virtualized capabilities to the entire set of physical resources required by an application (i.e. storage, networking & security, compute) so that the resources can be optimally assigned with little to no human intervention,' said Dr.
'Achieving this vision requires an automated infrastructure so that applications can be operational in minutes, shortening time-to-value, while dramatically reducing IT expenditures and time devoted to application provisioning and deployment.'
To realize this vision, there are three key areas of the SDDC that need to be addressed. The SDDC must be Dynamic to enable provisioning on demand, allocation by need and fault tolerant (FT). It must be connected so that loads are balanced and can be run any time/anywhere while providing synchronous data replication and high availability (HA) of critical data. The SDDC must also be Simple to install and be able to be managed centrally.
OCZ's proven VXL Cache &
Most Popular Stories
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Unjustified?: Justin Timberlake's Grammy snub