Increased demand for higher resolution, larger touch-enabled smartphones is leading to strong revenue growth in the mobile phone display market in 2013. Overall mobile phone display revenues are expected to reach
AMOLED is expected to take the lead in mobile phone display revenues in 2013, accounting for a 37 percent share, closely followed by LTPS TFT LCD with 36.1 percent and a-Si TFT LCD with 26.5 percent. NPD DisplaySearch forecasts that a-Si TFT LCDs used in mobile phones will continue to lose revenue share. However, Chinese manufacturers are purchasing greater volumes of lower priced open-cell a-Si TFT LCDs (displays without backlights or driver ICs) for low-end smartphones.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.