The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "A system including a hard disk control circuit, a read channel circuit, and a preamplifier circuit. The hard disk control circuit is configured to generate a first symbol. The read channel circuit configured to encode the first symbol to generate an encoded symbol. The preamplifier circuit configured to operate in a loopback mode. While operating in the loopback mode, the preamplifier circuit is configured to amplify the encoded symbol and transmit the encoded symbol back to the read channel circuit. The read channel circuit is configured to decode the encoded symbol to generate a second symbol and provide the second symbol to the hard disk control circuit. The hard disk control circuit is configured to perform a comparison between the first symbol and the second symbol and generate an indication of whether the preamplifier circuit is operating properly based on the comparison between the first symbol and the second symbol."
The patent application was filed on
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws