Citation: "78 FR 52934"
SUMMARY: The inventions listed below are owned by an agency of the
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Licensing information and copies of the U.S. patent applications listed below may be obtained by writing to the indicated licensing contact at the
Monoclonal Antibodies That Recognize the Human Type I Interferon Receptor and Block Interferon Signaling
Description of Technology: Type I interferons play a critical role in both innate and adaptive immunity through the stimulation of the IFNAR1 which initiates interferon signaling in response to viral and bacterial infections. However, abnormal interferon signaling is associated with human diseases, such as lupus. The present invention discloses six hybridomas that produce mouse monoclonal antibodies specific for the extracellular domain of human IFNAR1. Two of the monoclonal antibodies are able to bind IFNAR1 and reduce interferon signaling. As such, they can be utilized as a research tool for studying the expression of IFNAR1 and the inhibition of IFNAR1 function in humans or possibly as therapeutic reagents for human diseases.
Potential Commercial Applications:
* Research reagents for studying the expression and signaling of IFNAR1.
* A potential therapeutic reagent.
* Specific for the extracellular domain of human IFNAR1. Can therefore specifically recognize receptor expressed on the cell surface.
* Bind IFNAR1 and reduce interferon signaling
* In vitro data available
1. Goldman LA, et al. Characterization of antihuman IFNAR-1 monoclonal antibodies: epitope localization and functional analysis. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 1999 Jan;19(1):15-26. [PMID 10048764]
2. Benoit P, et al. A monoclonal antibody to recombinant human IFN-alpha receptor inhibits biologic activity of several species of human IFN-alpha, IFN-beta, and IFN-omega. Detection of heterogeneity of the cellular type I IFN receptor. J Immunol. 1993
Intellectual Property: HHS Reference No. E-527-2013/0--Research Material. Patent protection is not being pursued for this technology.
Collaborative Research Opportunity:
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors