Gitex Shopper has sold out as top consumer electronics brands and the biggest names in the
Coming hot on the heels of the first-ever Gitex Shopper Spring held earlier in April which achieved record success for an inaugural event the
New industry reports reveal that the
"I think the October edition is going to be a better one given that there are more new products and the timing of it, considering that holidays such as Diwali, Eid and Christmas isn't far off [from Gitex Shopper]," Ashish Panjabi, chief operating officer of Jacky's Electronics, told Khaleej Times by phone on Tuesday.
He pointed out that laptops which he termed as a "priority and commodity" along with smartphones and tablets, will headline the second Gitex Shopper of 2013.
Going into specifics, he is confident that new products such as Samsung's Note 3 and Smartwatch,
Separately, in a statement released by the DWTC, the event will enjoy more success now that it is being held multiple times a year.
"Gitex Shopper enjoys strong brand equity with consumers in the region, as demonstrated by the phenomenal success of our first Gitex Shopper Spring event launched in April this year. With two shows a year, we offer our exhibitors extraordinary revenue-generating potential that would otherwise not be realised," said
Other top industry leaders gave their insights for the event in the statement, all conveying a positive forecast for both the consumer and business ends.
"Gitex Shopper always provides an excellent opportunity for a retailer to cater to a diversified base of local and regional customers who are looking for the latest in the world of electronics.
"This year has been very exciting for consumer technology, even more so for Samsung as we brought some of our flagship devices to market in the Gulf We will be showcasing some of the latest technologies and solutions [at Gitex Shopper], said
Regional power retailers including
Most Popular Stories
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Singer Ian Watkins Sentenced to 35 Years Prison for Child Sex Abuse
- Universal CityWalk Rings in 2014 with Southern California's Biggest New Year's Eve Party, Featuring Dazzling Fireworks Displays, Three Live Concert Stages, DJ Performances and a Midnight Cascade of 1,000 Pounds of Confetti
- The Illuminati Don't Exist, Just Ask Them
- SAC Capital Employee Guilty of Insider Trading
- Brothel Write-offs Cost Taxpayers Millions, Coburn Says
- Joaquin Phoenix Reboots in 'Her'
- Fed Signals Strong Confidence in U.S. Economy
- GLAAD Denounces 'Duck Dynasty' Star for Remarks About Gays
- Senate Sends Bipartisan Budget Plan to President