The FUJITSU Mobile Initiative is the latest of
In recent years, mobile technology has been utilized in an increasingly wide range of business scenarios, from enabling employees to perform office work on-the-go, to enhancing sales activities and improving productivity in the workplace. Moreover, new projects are launching that employ mobile devices in fields that, until now have not fully utilized ICT, such as transportation and automobiles, health and medicine, and food and agriculture.
At the same time, a variety of operational management issues are coming to light, including the lack of application development know-how for smart devices such as smartphones and tablets, challenges in planning and setting goals as well as effectiveness for mobile device usage, the deployment of large numbers of smart devices, and security concerns.
In response to these kinds of growing customer needs for mobile technology,
The FUJITSU Mobile Initiative and New Services, Upgrades Lineup
Under the FUJITSU Mobile Initiative,
Updated Product and Service Offerings to Address Customer Issues
1. Mobile Integration (2 new services)
(1) FUJITSU IT Consulting Work Style UX Design Consulting Service (New service available immediately)
To address a wide range of customer needs to transform how they work,
(2) FUJITSU Infrastructure System Integration Mobile Infrastructure Construction Service (New service to launch in
To meet a wide range of mobile device needs including transforming how employees work and communicate, and enabling use of their own mobile devices for work,
2. Mobile Usage Platforms (1 new product, 1 updated service)
(1) Mobile application development and performance platform: FUJITSU Cloud PaaS MobileSUITE (New service to launch in
This is a mobile service platform that enables smart devices to connect to services and applications for a variety of businesses and tasks. As a result, customers (users of services and system administrators) can easily, securely, and quickly employ smart devices for a host of different tasks. In addition, application developers can cut down on development legwork while being able to develop added-value HTML applications.
- A software development kit (SDK), various application programming interfaces (API) and an interface for linking to business systems are provided
- Delivers a comprehensive range of administrative features that are crucial for deploying smart devices, such as ID/authentication management, device management, and application control
- A portal feature enables central administration of multiple applications/services and single sign-on (SSO)
- Application delivery capabilities allow for security without requiring developers to set up their own server(1)
- A context switching function(1) is offered to change applications and content available on the device depending on the users status (time, location, etc.)
(2) Remote access platform: FUJITSU Managed Infrastructure Service FENICS II Universal Connect (Updated service to launch in
Through FENICS II Universal Connect service, which enables a wide range of mobile devices to securely connect to a company's intranet, the updated service includes an 'Application Bridge Service' that makes it possible to securely and easily utilize business systems on a smart device.
- Offers specialized applications so that data is not actually stored on devices, even personal devices used in Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) programs
- Enables accurate display and navigation of conventional business systems (websites) created for PCs that are not fully compatible with smart devices, without the need for time-consuming modifications(1)
- Using Remote Virtual Environment Computing (RVEC) technology(2) with the screen transfer method, the service enables(1) stress-free access of rich content such as video and flash animations
3. Device Service (Updated service)
(1) FUJITSU Custom Made Plus Service (Updated service available immediately)
This PC and tablet service is an upgraded version of the Custom Made Plus service, and offers custom-made specifications to meet the unique needs of large-lot customers. The service covers color changes and one-stop kitting with individual design, production and delivery, as well as logo marks specified by the customer and data list development. This upgraded service offers customization within the scope of the standard menu and flexibly meets the diverse needs of customers.
4. LCM Service (Updated service)
(1) FUJITSU Managed Infrastructure Service Smart Device-LCM Service (Updated service available immediately)
This is an updated version of Smart Device-LCM Service, which provides one-stop support ranging from smart device deployment to operational management. In addition to a dedicated kitting center based in
Fujitsu LimitedPublic and Investor Relations www.fujitsu.com/global/news/contacts/ +81-3-3215-5259
Copyright 2013 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net