- Demonstrates unique leadership position across the convergence of media and telecoms
- Addresses growing necessity for IP-enabled delivery in everyday TV Anywhere viewing
- New solutions and services enable compelling consumer experiences, manage technical complexity, and drive operational efficiency
At IBC 2013 booth 1.D61, Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) will show how its unique industry position and broad portfolio of solutions and services are enabling new consumer TV Anywhere experiences on all devices. The company will demonstrate how it is driving the efficient management of ever increasing video traffic in fixed and mobile networks. As the shift towards TV mobility intensifies, Ericsson is pioneering game changing solutions, technologies and service models, which take video delivery and experiences to new and exciting levels. It is enabling content owners, broadcasters, TV service providers and network operators to succeed in a new, connected era of television.
"In today's connected world, consumers are already demanding personalized services that meet their needs for convenience. We see the hallmarks of a great TV service providing greater control, interactivity and personalization," said Ove Anebygd, Vice President and Head of Solution Area Media, Ericsson. "For our customers the new benchmark for engagement is traditional content quality intertwined with next-generation discovery, interaction and accessibility. We are focused on being the partner that enables broadcasters and operators to create truly successful multi-screen TV services and rich TV experiences, from device to service, on any screen, over any network."
Ericsson will demonstrate how it is challenging, directing and setting the future of the TV agenda, by showcasing the entire range of its award-winning TV and Media Management portfolio. These solutions and services address and enable customer needs; from content acquisition, creation and management, to playout and processing, exchange and delivery to consumers. It will also share its leading insight on consumer trends in TV through the fourth edition of its ConsumerLab TV and Video Consumer Trend Report, the annual research piece that drives the company's market intelligence and vision.
Visitors to Ericsson's IBC stand will be able to meet with the company's TV experts and experience live demonstrations of Ericsson's portfolio of services and solutions. Live technology demonstrations will show how Ericsson is helping the industry to make the transition to a fully multi-screen world where IP video delivery is a unique, global enabler; transforming video delivery and enabling networks of all kinds to become video centric and optimized.
Demonstration highlights will include:
- Ericsson's latest generation Multi-screen TV platforms and solutions that will enable the ultimate TV Anywhere experiences and services to expand pay-TV offerings, drive new revenues through advertising, and maximize content value
- The IBC debut of the Ericsson AVP 4000 , the most advanced video processing platform for video delivery, powered by Ericsson's first-ever in-house developed programmable video processing chip
- Live "true" 4K UHDTV video contribution at p50, 4:2:2, 10bit resolution, demonstrating Ericsson's lead-role in the future roll-out of new high resolution services
- IBC debut of the world's first end-to-end LTE Broadcast solution combining three new standards (eMBMS, HEVC and MPEG-DASH technologies) to efficiently deliver premium content in LTE wireless networks
Most Popular Stories
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Office Depot Moving HQ to Florida