The producers of the U.S. soap opera "Days of Our Lives" said outgoing cast member Chandler Massey's character, Will Horton, is being recast.
The two-time Daytime Emmy Award winner taped his last episode in the role of Will last Friday, EW.com said. The name of his replacement has not been disclosed yet.
"As Chandler Massey announced back in June, he will be leaving the show to further pursue his education and other entertainment opportunities," a statement from the NBC show said. "While 'Days of Our Lives' is disappointed to lose such a talent, the show understands and supports him in his future endeavors. Due to current storyline and the timely discovery of new talent that the show feels is the right recast for Will Horton, a mutual decision has been made for the changes to taken place immediately. Chandler will always be a part of the Days family and we wish him nothing but continued success."
"I'm done. It's bittersweet. These four years have been so amazing. I've built a family here. I'm so grateful to everyone for these amazing four years," Massey said in a separate statement on his last day at "Days."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal